Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Honeysuckle apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card? Is there an extra charge?
- Yes, you can pay on-line with
a credit card or e-check by logging into your account using the “Resident
Login” tab at the top of our home page. We accept MasterCard, American Express,
Discover and Visa. Please be aware, there is a charge to use a credit card. The E-check fee is only $1.50. You can
call the office for more information or questions about the process.
- Can I request an apartment or roommates?
- You can request a specific
apartment and specific roommates but, there is no guarantee that we can honor
your request due to previous requests. We do our best to try to accommodate
- Can I use my financial aid?
- You should review any
documentation concerning grants, loans, or scholarships with your parents and
the financial aid office. Most grants and loans that would cover on-campus
housing should cover the costs of living at Honeysuckle Student Apartments. The
rent installments for your apartment are due on the 1st of each month despite financial
aid disbursement dates. Your first rent installment must be received prior to move in.
- Do I have to have a meal plan?
- Meal plans are not
required but, you may purchase one through dining services on-campus.
- Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?
- You can add to the
furniture in the apartment but, you may not take any of our furniture out of
- What size are the beds?
- The beds are 80-inch
full/double sized, extra long. We recommend that you purchase queen-sized sheets.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the internet?
- All you need is an
Ethernet cord. Each apartment also has wireless internet as well as the
clubhouse at no additional cost.
- How close to campus are you?
- There is a foot bridge located in
front of the hospital that leads to lower campus.
- How do our rates compare to on-campus housing rates?
- When comparing our rates
to on-campus rates you must take into consideration many variables including;
floor plan layout, square footage, furniture, utilities, and community
amenities. Our leasing staff is available to discuss with you how our rates
compare to other housing options and validate that our community offers you the
best value for your money, as well as a great location and incredible
- How many people live there?
- In total, we house 407 Bloomsburg University students.
- If I am over 21, do I need to have a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit equal to two (2) month’s rent.
- If I pay in full, do I get a discount?
- There is no discount for paying in full.
- Is parking available?
- There is ample parking
available for our residents on the property for a fee of $20 per month.
Residents' guests may park on the property for free, but must park in designated
guest parking areas and must obtain a guest parking pass. Passes may be obtained in
the office during office hours.
- What are the apartment and furnishing measurements?
- Living Room / Dining
Room: 16' x 16' Kitchen: 8' x 11' Bedrooms: 12' x 10' Bathrooms: Vary by unit
type Living Room Window: 86" W x 58" H Bedroom Window: 42" W x
58" H Desk (working space): 30" x 50" Dining Room Table:
42" TV Stand w/shelves; Each shelf 36" x 22" Bedroom Closet:
24" Deep x 70" Wide
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
- There is a termination
fee equal to three rental installments to cancel your lease. Please call the
Leasing Office at 570-387-0220 to discuss any questions concerning your termination.
- What is the cost?
- Prices for available leases are posted in the Floor Plans section of our website.
- What types of apartments/rooms are available?
- There are two different
types of apartments on the property: three bedroom/three bathroom apartments
(3x3) and four bedroom/two bathroom apartments (4x2). There are eight 3x3
apartments and ninety-five 4x2 apartments.
- What types of leases are available?
- We lease both 3x3 and 4x2 apartments in 10 or 12 installment leases. Please contact us for more
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Your rent includes electric,
water, sewer, trash, basic cable (in each bedroom and living
room) and internet. There is a designated cap of $195 per apartment for the
electric bill. If the apartment goes over the cap during the month, the
difference will be split equally among the occupants of that specific
- When can I move in?
- You can move in during
normal office hours on the move-in date listed on your leasing agreement. Call the office at 570-387-0220 for
semester specific dates. Your first rent installment must be received prior to move in.
- When do I put down a deposit?
- When you complete your online application, we require that you pay a $40 non-refundable application fee. Once you are sent a lease, you must then pay a $220 service fee. Please note that the service fee is NOT a security
deposit that you receive when you leave your apartment. This is a one-time fee
paid to help fund operational costs on the property such as snow removal, fitness
center supplies, clubhouse amenities, and landscaping costs.
- When is my first payment due?
- If you are new to the
property and you choose to pay in installments, the first payment is due by
July 15 for August move-ins. Your next installment payment is due by the
first of every month beginning with September. You will not receive the keys to your
apartment and bedroom if you do not make your first payment in full. Please
contact us at 570-387-0220 if you have any questions regarding your specific
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- No, we do not send out monthly
bills. The lease stipulates the due dates for your rent. Typically, your
installment is due on the first of every month. Please call the office at
570-387-0220 if you need further clarification.